Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My Excuse for Being Gone...




There is the same difference in a person before and after he is in love as between an unlighted lamp and one that is burning. The lamp was there and was a good lamp, but now it is shedding light, too, and that is its real function.
-- Vincent Van Gogh –
 
 
I'm so sorry I haven't blogged about what I've been reading lately.  I promise I have been reading.  I'll try to update my Books Read list soon, but I'm having a heck of a time getting any blog posts written.  On July 4th, Ken proposed, and I've been a little distracted since then.  We are getting married at the end of September. 
 
I promise I am still reading.  But between work responsibility and personal life, I haven't been able to write much recently.  I fell and hit my head over a week ago, and I have a concussion now, which does not lend itself to written reflection.  My daughter leaves for UNC-Chapel Hill on Friday.  After that, I hope to be able to get back to normal.  Sorry for the crazy interruptions!
 
In the meantime, Read On!  I am :)
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Care said...

A concussion!??!?! oh my. Take care of yourself.

thecuecard said...

Yeah I read about your great wedding news. That's Terrific. Congrats to you both! Just take it easy with no injuries! Best wishes to your daughter at UNC. How fantastic.

Vintage Reading said...

Hope you are well now and congratulations!

A Kind of Healing

  "...to live the slow quiet rhythm of a day as a kind of healing" Several years ago, I discovered May Sarton’s journals. What a b...