Friday, November 11, 2011

What IS that Smell?

I feel sure my Nanny Brandon would be proud and my Nanny Byrd mortified at the housekeeper I have become.  I just now discovered that it is possible to clean baseboards AS YOU MOP!  I had never thought of this before, and all that baseboard gunk really gets me down.  I often find myself indisposed and thinking, "What IS all that goo?  From whence did it come?  And do I really have to bend down and wipe it off?!?"  Lo and behold, all I had to do was mop! Who knew?  I NEVER mop.  I have a hard time convincing myself to do housework of any kind with so many books to read, trails to ride and fun to have.  So, if you walk into my house, and find yourself wondering, "What IS that smell?" now you know.  No mopping.  There's the answer.  Maybe that sums up a lot about me:  Needs to mop more.  And now that I have strenuously exerted myself mopping my 6 X 10 bathroom, I'm off to ride Iron Mountain Trail and hike Grayson Highlands for the week-end.  When I'm outside, I don't notice that smell at all. 

2 comments:

RoboDave said...

My new motto: "You can't see it from the trail!" If you think about it, it works for many of the day-to-day home maintenance challenges.

Glad to see you blogging again. If you'll forgive the alliteration, there is catharses in reading, writing and riding. Sometimes it takes all three!

Amy said...

I completely agree! And I am so impressed to see a math geek following a book blog!

A Kind of Healing

  "...to live the slow quiet rhythm of a day as a kind of healing" Several years ago, I discovered May Sarton’s journals. What a b...