Monday, May 18, 2009

Blogging Takes a Backseat





     I finished Brunelleschi's Dome by Ross King last week and need to blog about it, but I started reading The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant and haven't been able to put it aside long enough to do any blogging.   It's been quite a while since I've read a compelling page-turner type of book, so I am enjoying myself, even if blogging is getting behind.  Here are some pictures of my other hobby that is taking me away from the computer.  Disclosure:  I did not take these beautiful shots; my daughter took them on Mother's Day as we worked in the garden.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bottom picture. Your daughter is a very talented photographer

Sara Johnson said...

WOW! I love the bottom purple and white flower.

Amy said...

Thanks from my daughter for the compliement. The bottom flowers are just dianthus.

Sara Johnson said...

Oh, really. I love flowers, but I am a terrible gardener so I can't get mine to grow. My dog also digs mine up all the time.

Amy said...

Yeah, it's hard to have a garden and a dog.

A Kind of Healing

  "...to live the slow quiet rhythm of a day as a kind of healing" Several years ago, I discovered May Sarton’s journals. What a b...